Food Ingredients have been used for preserving food, adding flavor, blending, color foods, and reducing serious nutritional deficiencies for many years. All food additives are well reviewed and tested to make customers feel safe about the foods they eat.
Food Ingredients includes food additives that are added to a food to achieve the desired effect. They not only increase the quality of food products but also improve the health profile and shelf life. These food substances are also used for some technical or functional purposes during food processing, transportation, storage or packaging. There are two types of food additives available in the market - direct and indirect.
• Direct Food Additives - They are used for the special purposes like xanthan gum for salad dressings, bakery fillings, chocolate milk or the food items to add texture.
• Indirect Food Additives - They are added in trace amounts as a result of packaging, storage or another handling.
Why Are Food Additives Added To Food?
• For maintaining or improving safety and freshness
• For maintaining or improving the nutritional value
• For improving taste, texture, and appearance
• For preventing spoilage during transport, storage, and sale
• For making some foods more affordable
• For extending shelf-life and preventing food waste