Eggs are among the most nutritious and economical foods on the planet, often referred to as "nature's multivitamin. Egg Products are referred to convenience forms of eggs obtained by breaking and processing shell eggs. Egg products include whole eggs, egg whites, refrigerated liquid, dried forms and egg yolks. These are used to make specialty products such as egg salad, patties, fried eggs, pre-cooked omelets, hard-boiled eggs, egg pizza, French toast, quiches and Egg drop soup.
Egg products are highly demanded in foodservice operations because eating eggs can make you healthier, brainier, leaner and stronger. Eggs are easily available and are considered as an inexpensive source of food. There are several health benefits of egg products.
• The protein present in eggs helps to keep your muscles strong
• Vitamin in eggs improves brain functioning, nervous system, memory, and metabolism
• Eggs include all daily vitamins and minerals that produce good energy in the body
• Vitamin A, vitamin B-12, and selenium within eggs keep the immune system healthy
• Choline in egg white lowers the risk of heart disease
• Lutein and zeaxanthin help to improve eyesight
• Some vitamins and minerals within eggs are highly beneficial for skin
• Protein within eggs keeps you energized and feeling fuller for longer